Art has been presented as a common commodity, questioning the current practice and dominance of corporate in the art world. Art being traded as clothes, gift items and questioned as ” looking good enough”. The installation tries to convert the gallery space displaying art works into an art boutique, where clothes and accessories are sold. The context of time is carefully used as “the sale period” is going on
Pure expression of an artist is considered and compared to commodities.
Exhibited at College of Art, Annual Exhibition, 2012.
These Texture works were installed in the installation project : End of Season Sale.
I want my viewer to touch me, through my work, feel me, through the various textures I have used. The perception of me through your touching and the flow of emotions.I am demanding a certain intimacy from the viewer. The intimacy which is lost in this fast urban world. The connection is lost. By touching, the connection could be regained.
TEXTURES – GROUP SHOW, ART PERSPECTIVE
1. To cause or permit a part of the body, especially the hand or fingers, to come in contact with so as to feel: only sight and touch enable us to locate objects in the space around us
2. To affect the emotions of; move to tender response: an appeal that touched us deeply.
1. To touch someone or something. “She never touched her husband”
2. To be or come into contact:
1. The physiological sense by which external objects or forces are perceived through contact with the body. “Helen Keller felt the physical world by touching people and objects around her”
2. A sensation experienced in touching something with a characteristic texture: felt the touch of snowflakes on her face.
3. The state of being in contact or communication: kept in touch with several classmates;
4. To be relevant to;make a more or less disguised reference to;center upon connect closely and often incriminatingly;- be of importance or consequence; “This matters to me!”
5. To be in direct physical contact with; make contact; “Their hands touched”;
6. To have an effect upon; cause to change; make different; cause a transformation; “The discussion has changed my thinking about the issue